t. Luke's Episcopal School invites teachers and qualified job seekers to apply for the position of Dining Services Team Member. Prospective applicants should review the position description below and follow the instructions included to apply. You may upload your resume or curriculum vitae for this position online.
St. Luke's Episcopal School is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon age, sex, color, race, national origin, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetics or any other prohibited characteristic in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to recruitment, hiring, training and other development, promotion, transfer, termination, lay-off, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
The purpose of the Dining Services Team Member is to assist with the preparation and
serving of meals, and perform general duties related to food preparation, serving, and
cleaning. The Dining Services Team Member will also act as cashier and/or computer
point of sale system attendant, collecting money and making change when necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Food Preparation and Serving
- Assist in preparation of menu items and prepare cafeteria service area.
- Serve food according to school schedules.
- Serve students and staff from the cafeteria service area.
- Practice and promote portion control and proper use of leftovers.
- Maintain a clean and organized storage area.
Safety and Sanitation
- Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety standards.
- Follow procedures to meet high standards of cleanliness, health, and safety.
- Clean and wash cafeteria equipment, worktables, walls, floors, refrigerators, counters, dishes, pans, tables, chairs, and carts.
- Maintain food service facilities, equipment, and utensils in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Keep garbage collection containers and areas neat and sanitary.
- Responsible for knowing and following safety rules and procedures associated with the responsibilities of the job as provided by the Director of Dining Services.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to the Director of Dining Services immediately.
- Follow proper personal hygiene procedures that are necessary for the safe and sanitary handling of food.
- Maintain personal appearance and hygiene.
- Serve as cashier and/or point of sale system attendant.
- Handle and record cashier functions accurately.
- Maintain daily food preparation records.
- Maintain and complete required forms and records accurately, as assigned by the Dining Services Manager.
- Assist in taking inventories and record keeping.
- Promote teamwork and interaction with fellow team members.
- Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma (or GED).
- Knowledge of school food service meal patterns, basic kitchen utensils, equipment, and food service sanitation.
- Ability to: (1) prepare foods, including salads and sandwiches; (2) follow oral and written instructions; and (3) work well with students, staff, and co-workers.
- Maintain a current Alabama Food Handlers Card.
- Safely operate food service equipment.
- Meet work schedules and timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Push, carry, and lift large boxes, bags of food and food carts.
- Work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Perform simple arithmetic computations related to food preparation, serving, and making change.
- Lift and move items weighing up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40-pound objects.
- Regularly work in an indoor kitchen with exposure to heat from ovens, hot foods and steamers, and cleaning chemicals, fumes equipment, and metal objects.
- Regularly work around knives, dicers, mixers, slicers, and other sharp objects.
- Regularly work around surfaces that may be slippery.
- May be required at times to drive a vehicle to and from school campuses when serving as a food transporter.
Regular hours shall be 8:00 am until 2:00 pm, including, but not limited to, additional hours as needed for special events.