elcome, and thank you for taking time to explore how St. Luke's can help your child. Mrs. Denise Dauenheimer is our learning and reading specialist exclusively serving our Japonica students.
After an initial meeting and review of appropriate testing, we will work together to create a plan that is best suited for your child. We are committed to helping your child succeed in the classroom.
Is your child struggling as a reader or have you been told your child has Dyslexia?
St. Luke’s may be the answer you have been searching for. Students who are struggling with the foundational skills needed to become a fluent reader, may need specialized instruction. Our Learning Specialists are trained in Orton-Gillingham-a (multi-sensory instructional approach), Language Essentials for teachers of Reading and Spelling, and strategy instruction. While St. Luke’s is well known for our rigorous college preparatory curriculum, most people may not know that some of our most successful students needed a little extra help in the early years to get where they are today.
Have you ever been told that your child:
- Is intelligent, and articulate but unable to read, write, or spell at grade level?
- Is not trying hard enough, or is a daydreamer?
- Despite being a struggling reader your child is gifted in the arts, sports or building things?
- Seems to have difficulty with vision, yet eye exams don’t reveal a problem?
- Is confused by letters, numbers, words, sequences, or verbal explanations?
If this sounds familiar, come talk to us today or fill out the brief contact form above.